Construction on the church designed by the Spoletino architect Loreto Scelli began in 1640, but it wasn’t consecrated until 1724. The façade has stylistic characteristics typical of Roman churches of the early 1600s. The interior has three naves with chapels that house XVII and XVIII century altars. The transept is topped by a dome. The altars are graced with fine XVIII century paintings made by Gaetano Lapis, Sebastiano Conca and Pietro Labruzzi and other canvases painted by the XVII century Spoletino artist Francesco Refini.
